Special Meeting – December 7, 2014 - calling of Pastor Dana Steinwand to serve as Parish pastor
Purpose: The Norman – Davenport Pastor Call Committee has made the recommendation to the Parish Council that Pastor Dana Steinwand be called to service as Parish pastor. Each of the Norman – Davenport Parish congregations are to be assembled to vote to approve this recommendation.
Two written ballot issues are to be considered.
Ballot 1: Approval for the Parish council to “call” Pastor Dana Steinwand to serve as pastor of the Norman – Davenport Parish. Voting YES indicates that you approve to call Pastor Steinwand to serve as our pastor.
Ballot 2: Approval for the Parish council to offer a compensation package as outlined below. Voting YES indicates acceptance of the compensation package as presented below.
- Base Salary is $30,250 (this is below the Synod’s recommended base salary of $37,750)
- Housing equity of $9,075 (per Synod recommendation)
- Medical and Dental will be a policy for Pastor Steinwand and his wife
- Vacation of 5 weeks
- Travel allowance (based on IRS mileage rate - the Pastor will keep a mileage log and submit monthly bills to the Parish Treasurer)
- Expense for official Synod meetings of $1,200
- Furnishing allowance of $1,200
- $3,000 moving allowance